ECDC Tuition, Fees and Tuition Policy
ECDC Tuition and Fees
- ECDC is primarily funded by parent tuition. Both ECDC-SMC and ECDC-ND accept Child Care Voucher (a financial assistance program for families with financial need) and On My Way Pre-K (for children 4 years old by August 1st and enrolled full time or M-F half days with financial need) from qualifying families. If you have questions about financial assistance programs, contact Kari Alford at email@example.com.
- To project SY or Summer (SU) tuition, it is helpful to know that the SY is 39 weeks in length and Summer is 9 weeks in length. Full year (12 month) programming = approximately 48 weeks of tuition.
- ECDC-ND tuition is an income based tuition schedule. ND and SMC faculty, staff and students are eligible to participate in the income based tuition schedule. ND and SMC alums are not eligible for the income-based tuition and pay full tuition.
- ECDC-SMC tuition is a flat rate tuition schedule for all families regardless of affiliation.
ECDC Tuition is billed for the full semester (fall, spring and summer).
ECDC Tuition is billed for the full semester. Parents may pay for the full semester at the beginning of the semester (e.g., fall, spring and/or summer) or may elect to pay their tuition as follows:
Fall Tuition Payment Options: (August 21 – December 22, 2023)
Families will be invoiced in August for Fall Semester tuition.
• 1 payment – Remit the full Fall Semester tuition amount on the 1st day of the SY program (August 21, 2023).
• 2 payments – Divide the total tuition amount in half remitting one half by the 1st day of the SY program (August 21) and the second half by October 1.
• 4 payments – Divide the total tuition amount into 4 equal amounts remitting as follows: Aug 21, Oct 1, Nov 1, Dec 1.
• 7 payments – Divide the total tuition amount into 7 equal payments remitting as follows: Aug 21, Sept 15, Oct 1 & 15, Nov 1 & 15, Dec 1.
• 17 Weekly payments (8/21 – 12/11/23) – Divide the total tuition amount into 17 equal amounts remitting, in advance, on Monday of each week beginning Aug 21 through Dec 11.
• Please note – parents are not invoiced for the two weeks ECDC is closed for winter break.
• Fall Semester “Gymnasts in Motion” Fees – Please note that if you sign your child up for gymnastics, Fall Semester Gymnastic fees will be invoiced to your tuition account. You may pay the full amount in August or divide the cost and add that to your regular payment plan.
Spring Semester – (January 8 – June 5, 2024)
Families will be invoiced in December for Spring Semester tuition.
• 1 payment – Remit the full Spring Semester tuition amount on the first day of Spring Semester (January 8, 2024).
• 2 payments – Divide the total tuition amount in half remitting one half on January 8 and the second half March 1.
• 5 payments – Divide the total tuition amount into 5 equal amounts remitting as follows: Jan. 8, Feb. 1, March 1, April 1, May 1.
• 9 payments – Divide the total tuition amount into 9 equal payments remitting as follows: Jan 8, Feb. 1 & 15, March 1 & 15, April 1 & 15, May 1 & 15.
• 20 Weekly payments (1/8 – 5/20/24) – Divide the total tuition amount into 20 equal amounts remitting, in advance, on Monday of each week beginning January 8 through May 20.
• Spring Semester “Gymnasts in Motion” Fees – Please note that in December Spring Semester Gymnastic fees will be invoiced to your tuition account. You may pay the full amount in January or divide the cost and add that to your regular payment plan.
Summer Program – Divide the tuition into 2 equal amounts, remitting 2 equal payments on the first day of the summer program and July 5. Or, divide the summer tuition into 4 equal amounts remitting equal payments every other week beginning with the first day of the summer program.
Student Activity Fees: A $60 annual student activity fee is assessed each school year in August for children enrolled in the 2’s, 3’s, and 3/4’s. A $120 annual student activity fee is assessed each school year in August for children enrolled in the 4’s, 4/5’s and Kindergarten. The summer program includes a student activity fee – $150 for all full time summer enrollment schedules and for all school-age schedules (Full Time/MWF All Day/TTH All Day); there is a $100 summer student activity fee for all part time summer preschool enrollment schedules.
Parents may, from time to time, have difficulty making monthly tuition payments due to unforeseen financial circumstances. If a parent(s) finds that he/she is unable to remit monthly tuition payments when due, the parent(s) must promptly notify ECDC’s Finance Director so that an agreement for the payment of past due tuition can be arranged. Failure to notify ECDC’s Finance Director or to comply with the payment agreement within one month of the date a tuition payment was due will jeopardize a child’s continued enrollment at ECDC. Please note: ECDC is an Indiana Nonprofit Corporation completely separate from the University of Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s College. ECDC is dependent upon tuition to meet financial obligations (e.g., payroll, food costs).
Please call the ECDC office should you have tuition questions (ECDC-ND 574-631-3344 or ECDC-SMC 574-284-4693).