Kindergarten School Year Registration Dates for ECDC-SMC & ECDC-ND
Kindergarten School Year Registration takes place during December & January. To be included in the initial selection process, please return the registration form found on the ECDC website with the $65 registration fee no later than January 15th. Kindergarten School Year registration is accepted after January 15th on a roll-in application process; however, to be included in the initial kindergarten school year registration process submission is required by January 15th. Results of the kindergarten school year enrollment process will be distributed to families by February 15th.
Kindergarten Age Eligibility – The ECDC Kindergarten Program is open to children who have turned 5 on or before September 1st. Enrollment priority is given to families requesting a full time enrollment schedule (M-F All Day Enrollment Schedule).
Kindergarten Registration Priority Categories
- Families enrolled in the current ECDC-ND SY Program
- Families enrolled in the current ECDC-SMC SY Program
- Notre Dame (ND) Staff, Student, Administration, and Faculty Families
- Saint Mary’s College (SMC) Staff, Administration, Student and Faculty Families
- ND Alumnae(i) Families
- SMC Alumnae Families
- Holy Cross Order Employee Families
ECDC-ND KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION SELECTION PROCESS
- Registration for Kindergarten enrollment will follow the Priority Categories identified above beginning with Priority Category #1, enrolling children requesting a full day schedule; thereafter if openings exist, children requesting a half day schedule (i.e., morning only or afternoon only) if requested schedules are available.
- Parents desiring to change their child’s Kindergarten schedule from full time to part time after registration is completed and prior to May 1 will move to the end or bottom of the part time Waiting List.
- Parents withdrawing or reducing a child’s Kindergarten schedule after May 1st are responsible and liable for the payment of the full tuition of their original requested Kindergarten schedule through the month of December or until another child is enrolled to fill the vacated or reduced Kindergarten schedule.
- A nonrefundable Registration Fee of $65.00 is required for all Kindergarten enrollment schedules. If a child is placed on the Kindergarten waiting list, parents may request, prior to August 15th, that the registration fee be returned. The K registration fee would be collected again if the child is moved from the waiting list to enrolled status.
**** IMPORTANT ****
Parents withdrawing or reducing a child’s Kindergarten schedule after May 1 are responsible and liable for the payment of the full tuition of their original requested Kindergarten schedule through the month of December or until another child is enrolled to fill their vacated or reduced kindergarten enrollment schedule.
The Early Childhood Development Center admits students of any race, color, religion, gender, and national or ethnic origin